Horse Racing/blow out - prior to how many days

Question
QUESTION: hello sir. when should a trainer give BLOW OUT to a horse. i mean how many days prior to the race?

ANSWER: hi  well it think it depends on the horse. some fillies do not need any blow outs before the race and some studs need to be worked hard at least 2 days prior to the race. example  a big strong stud racing 6 furlongs might need a 6 furlong blow out 2 days before the race. thanks ED HESS

QUESTION: sir, for which climate, colts need a hard workout 2 days prior to the race?

ANSWER: HI   I THINK YOU MEAN THE TEMP OUTSIDE. WELL COLTS CAN RUN IN VERY HOT WEATHER BETTER THEN THE FILLIES CAN HANDLE THE HEAT. I BIG COLT CAN BE WORKED PROB 2 DAYS BEFORE THE RACE. I HAD ONE COLT WE WORKED THE DAY BEFORE THE RACE AND HE ALWAYS RAN WELL.  THANKS ed hess

QUESTION: thanks for the answer. what about fillies. how many days prior to the race day should they be worked?

Answer
hi    well fillies are very difficult to figure out sometimes. they tend to do well with not much training. some other fillies need lots of work up to a race. i would always work out a horse at least 2 days prior to the race. some fillies i would work the day before and some i would work the day of the race. it depends on the horse on  how you train them.  thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess