Horse Racing/racehorse training questions

QUESTION: hello ma'am. how are you? hope you can answer questions on racehorse training?

Depends on the question but I am happy to help.

QUESTION: sir. i have a plan train thoroughbred racehorses in INDIA but would like to study on them in AUSTRALIA/NEWZEALAND. would you suggest me to attend seminars on racehorse training in country? would it be helpful to me? hope AUSTRALIAN RACING rules are as per BRITISH RACING RULES.

Thanks for your inquiry.  I would suggest you become an apprentice with a trainer in the country you intend to train.  However good horse husbandy and training methods are similar regardless of country. For a complete course on obtaining a trainers license visit the website below:

Hope this information was helpful to you. If you have additional questions feel free to write again.

Best wishes on your career.  

Horse Racing

Maureen Millen

Horse Training, Vet and Medical (layperson level), horse care, racehorse training and conditioning. Holistic Health.

30 years in equine industry, author of The Racehorse Trainers Test (, national award-winning TV producer, equine video producer. I have owned, shown 2 World Champions and a reserve World Champion, had many regional and state champions. Past experience includes: Certified Equine Appraiser, a Bloodstock Agent, Licensed Racehorse Trainer, stud farm manager, training farm manager, equine and canine rescue founder, retail upper management.

All major equine organizations and publications

University of Houston, Accounting , Media, Writing