Horse Racing/racehorse training schools

QUESTION: hello sir. can you suggest me the top RACEHORSE TRAINING SCHOOLS either in AUSTRALIA/NEWZEALAND?

ANSWER: Hi Caine,
        Not sure if you mean for horses to train or people who wish to train horses.
Horses are trained by public trainers, private trainers or owner trainers at their stables or at a race track or on their farm.
Most people wanting to learn about training horses usually work for a public trainer for several years and then start out on their own.
There are no actual 'schos' although New Zealand Racing does have courses covering various aspects of training and racing. Check

QUESTION: hello sir. thanks for the answer. well, what all qualifications i need to have in order to come to AUZ/NZ to learn racehorse racing under a public trainer?

Hi Caine,
        I suggest you contact Karen Zimmerman at Otaki New Zealand. Karen is a Licensed Trainer at the track where my horses are trained. She employs a jockey named Nivesh Teeluck, an Indian lad who is starting to ride very well. Ask Karen to pass your details on to Nivesh who will be able to help you with specific information and will have a better understanding of your circumstances and prospects.
You don't need any particular qualifications to become a trainer, just a love of horses, a reasonable level of education and a burning desire to succeed.
Google Karen Zimmerman for more details, website etc.
Don Boddie

Horse Racing

Don Boddie

All aspects of the thoroughbred breeding and racing industry in New Zealand. I race thoroughbreds and have been the Marketing Manager for three NZ racing clubs. If I don`t know the answer to your question I know someone who does!

20 years in the racing industry. Currently focusing on breeding but involved in all aspects of the industry. Ive raced several thoroughbreds with modest success and have had great fun out of it.