Horse Racing/horse trotting fast at post parade

Question
hello sir. i believe that if a horse trots fasts on its own, jockey posts shortly. am i right? if this situation is happening at post parade, can i expect the horse in 1st 3 placings?

Answer
hi  no,  if you warm up a horse good before the race, you are trying to loosen up a stiff or sore going horse. if you just trot or even just walk the horse, you are trying to keep the horse relaxed before they run. some horses need to warm up a lot and others need no warm up AT ALL.. it depends again ,on your horses condition. a spped horse needs no warm up, as a router needs usuually a lot of galloping before going into the gate.  thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess