Horse Racing/leaning on the bit and grabbing the bit

Question
hi sir. generally, it appears to me that a horse grabbing a bit or leaning on the bit almost same. but, i still believe that there is a difference. can you please differentiate both of them?

Answer
hi  when a horse grabs the bit, i would think that the jockey or rider would feel such a difference when they grab the bit and it would be quick and deliberate  and when they lean into the bit i would think that the rider would have to take action to control the horse to keep a straight course in the race. thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess