Horse Racing/leaning on the bit and grabbing the bit

hi sir. generally, it appears to me that a horse grabbing a bit or leaning on the bit almost same. but, i still believe that there is a difference. can you please differentiate both of them?

hi  when a horse grabs the bit, i would think that the jockey or rider would feel such a difference when they grab the bit and it would be quick and deliberate  and when they lean into the bit i would think that the rider would have to take action to control the horse to keep a straight course in the race. thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess

Have trained thoroughbreds for 30 odd years. Have been a licensed trainer for that long of time. I continue to train my race horses and thoroughly enjoy every day.

Experience: Licensed trainer for over 30 yrs. Have had lots of winners in all different types of races - from bottom claimers to top quality stakes winners. My best money winner was Aristocratic Cross (multiple stakes winner). My best claiming horse was Navajo Family, winner of 12 races in one year. I still enjoy racing a modest stable of horses each year.