Horse Racing/neck stretcher for racehorses

hello ma'am. is NECK STRETCHER/BUNGEE a good equipment for racehorses? i believe that it put too much pressure on the poll. but, a good thing is that horse starts using its hind quarters well.

If you are talking about using that type of equipment on one of the horses you have been discussing with me who apparently has teeth problems, then tying or forcing its head down with any bit or equipment would be cruel.  I suggest you have a qualified veterinarian or equine dentist look at the horse's mouth to see what is actually wrong inside.

There are better ways to get the horse to "round on the bit" than using artificial aids like bungees or any type of restrictive head gear.  And I would certainly not recommend you use that type of equipment on a youngster.  Further, that type of equipment can be severe and only used with professional guidance / supervision.  If used improperly it can quickly do more damage to a horses mouth.

Thank you,

Maureen Millen
www. trainerstest. com

Horse Racing

Maureen Millen

Horse Training, Vet and Medical (layperson level), horse care, racehorse training and conditioning. Holistic Health.

30 years in equine industry, author of The Racehorse Trainers Test (, national award-winning TV producer, equine video producer. I have owned, shown 2 World Champions and a reserve World Champion, had many regional and state champions. Past experience includes: Certified Equine Appraiser, a Bloodstock Agent, Licensed Racehorse Trainer, stud farm manager, training farm manager, equine and canine rescue founder, retail upper management.

All major equine organizations and publications

University of Houston, Accounting , Media, Writing