Horse Racing/topics to be covered before i become a racehorse trainer

hi ma'am. i am bent to train racehorses. but, presently, i am working for central government and earning quiet a good money. before i quit my job and join a racing stable, can you please tell me what all topics shall i cover for time being? i am really getting confused.

I suggest you focus on good horse husbandry skills first. There are a number of good books available online at any bookstore such as   Once you have mastered the basics of horse care, including the physiology of training and conditioning you can then move on to the rules of racing in your country. The racing stewards at the nearest racetrack should be able to provide a copy of their rules & regulations.  You can then learn the rules for your jurisdiction.

Best of luck to you.

Maureen Millen
www. trainerstest. com  

Horse Racing

Maureen Millen

Horse Training, Vet and Medical (layperson level), horse care, racehorse training and conditioning. Holistic Health.

30 years in equine industry, author of The Racehorse Trainers Test (, national award-winning TV producer, equine video producer. I have owned, shown 2 World Champions and a reserve World Champion, had many regional and state champions. Past experience includes: Certified Equine Appraiser, a Bloodstock Agent, Licensed Racehorse Trainer, stud farm manager, training farm manager, equine and canine rescue founder, retail upper management.

All major equine organizations and publications

University of Houston, Accounting , Media, Writing