Horse Racing/horses developing ulcers through swimming exercise

Question
hi sir. can horses to prone to ulcers through 100m swimming exercise once a day? my boss sends his horses to swimming daily in the evenings provided the horses are on light to moderate exercise in the monring. if they undergo a heavy exercise, evening would be a 40minutes hand walk.

Answer
hi i have never heard that one before. usualy a ulcer can be caused by the type of feed they are getting fed .swimming should be done alternating with reg gallops. swimming alone will not keep a horse fit. usualy you swimg and pony a sore going horse.after swiming you can cool them out like you said. thanks ED HESS

Horse Racing

Ed Hess