Horseback Riding/pushing pipe slides

Question
pushing pipe slides
pushing pipe slides  
hello ma'am. these are pipe slides. we use these as stall guards all over in india for our box stalls. we bind the pipe slides with a chain tightly. if we forget to bind it, horses push the pipe slides and make it fall down. my stable head told me that if a horse is feeling thirsty, it would push the pipe slides out. is he correct?

Answer
Rohit,

I see the convenience of these pipe slides and the fact tha they would be inexpensive to use, but I question their safety.

I see in the picture that this horse has put his foreleg over the pipe. A horse could conceivably panic  and possibly hurt himself. If a horse is on the other side, they could "get at" each other and hurt themselves.

Hopefully, stable management is such that a horse in a stall is never thirsty....in the summer we put two buckets of water in the stall so that they never run out.

Mitzi

,

Horseback Riding

Mitzi Summers