Horseback Riding/gelding 2 year old racehorse

Question
hello ma'am, may i know why few 2 year old colts are gelded to race even though they are calm and quiet?

Answer
Rohit,

Unless the colt is truly exceptional and his pedigree is outstanding, it is much less trouble to manage a gelding rather than a stallion.

Some horsemen feel that a stallion has more energy, and keep him entire for that reason.

Riding horses for sure, unless again they are of impeccable ancestry, should also be gelded.
In America we would have to have a higher fence, and liability would be more if an accident occurred.

Mitzi  

Horseback Riding

Mitzi Summers