Horseback Riding/lower jaw tensed

Question
hello ma'am, may i know what does "lower jaw tensed" mean in horse training terms?

Answer
Rohit,

I find that when a horse is tense in his body, if he is afraid, or is in pain, his lower jaw would also be tense.

Often in ridden horses some people have a tendency to make the noseband too tight.This results in discomfort if not pain in the horse, and makes it difficult for the horse to relax and chew and move his tongue.

This would also affect muscles throughout his head and neck. You want the horse to have a soft jaw and be able to lightly chew.

Mitzi  

Horseback Riding

Mitzi Summers