Horseback Riding/requirment of D ring

Question
D ring
D ring  
hello ma'am, i believe that the rider is feel difficult in turning the horse left since he pulled the reins too far up to his belly. am i correct? does this horse requires the D ring bit?

Answer
Rohit,

Actually, a full cheek snaffle may help, but this is a prime example of riding from the face of the horse instead of using the seat and leg.

Of course, this is an exercise rider or jockey, and with the short stirrup the rider has no leg to use, but still......

I would like to put a piece of steel in this rider's mouth and yank his head to the side and see how it feels.

Poor horses, we put them through so much....

Mitzi

Horseback Riding

Mitzi Summers