Horseback Riding/shorted tailed horse

Question
short tail
short tail  
hello ma'am, are horses born with short tail or the stable barn trims it off? i have attached an image of a horse called LAVENDER MIST. he has short tail even at the age of five.

Answer
If the dock of the tail is complete, then no one has docked the tail (actually cut the bone of the tail). If this horse was not docked, then by the look of the tail (horizontal) the tail hairs were probably cut on purpose to achieve a certain look.

Some breeds have thin tail hairs (our American Appaloosa used to). Tail hairs are slow to grow back.That is why it is important not to use combs when grooming them. Use a soft brush or your fingers.  

Horseback Riding

Mitzi Summers