Horseback Riding/changing lead during galloping

Question
hello ma'am, how can i train a horse to change its lead when exercised heavily with rider atop

Answer
Rohit,

In my opinion, lead changes have to be taught in a thought-out, well-planned way.

In riding horses, flying lead changes are asked for after the horse has had quite a bit of preparatory training.

The horse needs to be as ambidextrous as possible, strong and supple on both sides, and the RIDER has to be  educated and balanced and trained.

It would take much more space than I am allowed here to go through all of the training necessary to get lead changes, but in my opinion they  should never be forced, and not asked for when horse is "exercised heavily".

If you google flying lead changes you will get all kinds of advice...some relevant and some incorrect, but sort through them and then I welcome any questions.

Mitzi  

Horseback Riding

Mitzi Summers