Horseback Riding/tensed during the trot

Question
hello ma'am, may i know how to say that a horse is tensed during the trot?

Answer
Rohit,

Tension shows in several ways in a horse.......it does not matter what gait the horse is performing.

In riding horses, tension is a negative...relaxation is the key so that the horse is listening and the movement can be correct.

The horse's muscles would be obviously and visually tight...the horse would have a "hard" look in his eyes. The ears would probably be back and the head and neck high.

As a result of the tension the horse may well be going with his head up, his back tight, and his haunches not engaged. If a jumper or dressage horse, he would not perform as well.....his gaits and back would be tight.

If the horse is a race horse, as soon as he is running , and using his tension in forward movement, it might well dissipate.

Mitzi

Horseback Riding

Mitzi Summers