Horses/Mass on Neck

Debbie wrote at 2012-11-16 09:37:13
From what you say it sounds like a blocked saliva gland - and should drain by itself. You can help by bringing your horse in from the grass and feeding hay from a hay net for a couple of days and the swelling should go down.  

Judi Rowe

I owned and operated the first equine lay-up facility in the state of Colorado and have provided post surgical and post traumatic injury care for many interesting cases. I can answer equine health related questions but please understand that I am not claiming to be a substitute for veterinary attention or treatment. I can also handle many grooming, training and equine behavioral issues questions. In addition, I am happy to evaluate confirmation or rider positioning if asked to do so. Equine nutrition questions can be very complicated but I will do my best with these questions and will probably need time to do some research before I can solve the issue at hand

I am a graduate of Colorado State University with a BS in Equine Science In addition, I have owned, ridden, trained and shown horses since 1976.

AQHA ~ American Jocky Club ~ National Team Sorting Championships ~ Stock Horse of Texas

Waxahachie Daily Light ~ Kansas City Dressage Society Newsletter ~ Many equine related on-line forums

BS Equine Science, Colorado State University - Ft. Collins, CO MBA Finance, Dallas Baptist University - Dallas, Texas