I have read your notification...
Hi Rick,
I've been to your site a bunch and watched most (not all) of your vids on YouTube. I wanted to know what you think about horse insurance. My horse is 7, I mainly ride her around the neighborhood, don't do shows or any of that stuff, she's somewhere between a pet and a member of my family. We have health insurance for ourselves, so I'm wondering if it makes sense to get a policy for her. I'm assuming its around 500-800 per year? I know with my dogs, the vet bills add up quickly, so I can only assume if a horse gets sick it's much more expensive. Thankfully, she's healthy (well, as a horse) but trying to the math people buy this or am I being paranoid?  Do you have insurance on yours?

Not a big Ins guy since over time you end up paying more and the Insurance companies make out - otherwise they would not do it, so it is obvious that it is good for them.

Understanding horses better and investing in knowledge will pay off more in many ways. It will keep you safer, make for happier horses and prevent vet bills.

Good shelter available all the time, no stalls or shoes, no special high protein food, not have overly fat horses, good grooming, good foot care, good fence design good grass hay and minimize the grain, supplements, blankets, metal in the mouth and spending time with horses will keep them healthy.

I have lots of videos on hay, grain and pasture care, so invest in learning, read my web site and do your research before you try things with your horse. The slow way is fast way.

I think Insurance kills more horses than anything else - especially in the race horse world or breeding world - once a horse is worth more dead than alive, for some reason they don't live very long.

Rick Gore Horsemanship

Visit Rick Gore's Horse Site:
--Rick is a student of the horse. I have over 450 Free videos on Youtube about horses. I believe in and practice "Natural Horsemanship". I ride mainly western and don't use or promote spurs, bits, or whips. Reins are only one cue for the horse. Using the entire body helps the horse understand. I define riding as a human and horse working together for the enjoyment of both. Pain and fear should not be part of the equation. If you expect feel good advice, you will be disappointed. 95% of all my answers will include the problem is you and not your horse. About 90% of most answers that I give out are on my web site, so if you read it you will probably answer your own question and may learn a few other things. If you ask me a question that I answer on my site or video I will send your question to the question pool.

I am an experienced horseman with many years of riding and handling horses. I grew up in Texas around horses and horse people. I have started colts, ridden many horses with behavior issues and worked with problem horses. (I believe that most horse problems are normally people problems) I believe in and practices natural horsemanship. I continue to read and study books by great horsemen. I routinely attends clinics, talks with and discuss horse issues with other clinicians and trainers. I have never met a horse that could not be fixed. I believe it is never the horse's fault and with proper handling, all problems can be worked out.

I have life long experience in being around and working with horses. Over the years I have watched good horsemen do the right thing and seen the wrong things done with bad results. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Education.

Click Here to learn about Horse History

Clink Here to learn about Horsemanship