Horses/cribbing in horses

Question
hello. may i know why do horses crib? do tell me how to fix this problem in horses?

Answer
It is thought that horses may start cribbing due to boredom, or even being deficient in some type of feed supplement so they start chewing on something that contains what they are missing. Once a horse starts, it can be very difficult to get them to stop.  There are cribbing collars that are sold, which do not allow the horse to expand its' wind pipe and suck in air - but this works if the horse is what is known as a 'wind sucker' - you can tell this by watching to see if it will stand and put its' mouth on something then actuall suck in air through its' mouth.  It is believed that this action releases endorphins in the hroses' brain giving it a 'high' feeling - and this can become addictive to the hose.  

Horses

Lisa Lee