Horses/designed breeches

hello. may i know why breeches are designed especially for riding? i mean, doesn't jeans pant work in the place of breeches?

True riding breeches are designed with extra protection at wear points, such as the bottom and inside the knees.  Also, the seams may be different, to avoid chafing while riding as well as the lower leg having buttons for heel straps to keep the pant leg from riding up.  A good pair of riding breeches makes a big difference if doing serious and/or long distance riding.  

Lisa Lee

Questions on basic training, fire safety with all types of animals, transportation questions, Fire Code requirements for buildings (NYS), basic building construction, fire safety in barns and animal facilities.

Over 20 years experience in the horse industry, from working on farms to owning and breeding my own horses. Have been involved with Code Enforcement and NFPA Standard development for the past 7 years. I am also involved in the Fire Service, both volunter and professionally, for a total of 20+ years.

Past - NFPA, current, Easy Street Horse Rescue (Board of Directors)

Multiple National Certifications in the Fire Service, including Fire Service Instructor, Fire Investigator Level 1, Hazardous Materials Technician; and I am curently close to the completion of my AS in Fire Science Technology. Over 20 years experience working with horses both personally and professionally, currently owner of 2 Paso Fino horses.