Horses/dont lean at canter

Question
hello, may i know why not to lean back or front while cantering a horse? why to sit straight in the saddle?

Answer
You want to sit upright to keep your balance. If you lean back, you will be 'catching up' to the horse and not have the right amount of control. If you lean too far forward, again, you won't have the right amount of control. Now, if you are jumping, you do lean forward just before the jump (half-seat this is called) - this is to make sure you are balanced when you land after the jump and to put the pressure on the horse in the right place.  

Horses

Lisa Lee