Horses/horse feeling happy or not carrying rider

hello. in general, do horses feel happy carrying the rider on their back irrespective of any discipline?

It depends on many factors.  Horses, like people have different moods, so while one may be happy to go out one day, it might not be so the next time it is ridden.  The happier a horse, the more relaxed and willing it is to do what you want.  Generally if you have to constantly encourage the horse to do sometihng, always kicking, fighting it, the horse is telling you it is not happy.  If the horse is doing what you want, appears very willing and relaxed, that is a sign of a happy horse.  Does not matter what the discipline is.  

Lisa Lee

Questions on basic training, fire safety with all types of animals, transportation questions, Fire Code requirements for buildings (NYS), basic building construction, fire safety in barns and animal facilities.

Over 20 years experience in the horse industry, from working on farms to owning and breeding my own horses. Have been involved with Code Enforcement and NFPA Standard development for the past 7 years. I am also involved in the Fire Service, both volunter and professionally, for a total of 20+ years.

Past - NFPA, current, Easy Street Horse Rescue (Board of Directors)

Multiple National Certifications in the Fire Service, including Fire Service Instructor, Fire Investigator Level 1, Hazardous Materials Technician; and I am curently close to the completion of my AS in Fire Science Technology. Over 20 years experience working with horses both personally and professionally, currently owner of 2 Paso Fino horses.