Horses/mounting again - horse doesnt allow

hello. we have a marwari breed mare at our local riding club. today, i have trotted her for 1/2 hour and dismounted. my dad told me to mount again so that he would take a snapshot of mine and the horse. when i kept my foot in the stirrup irons, she started moving back. i made smooching sound, patted on her neck and again tried to keep my foot in stirrups. she started kick with her left hind leg. i got frightened. i asked my instructor what was the problem with the horse. he told me that once a rider rides and dismounts, she wont allow the either the new rider or the same rider to mount again. so lisa, can you tell me what is the actual problem with the horse?

i have attached an image of that mare RABECCA.

Without seeing the horse do this, I cannot give you a good answer.  I would listen to the riding instructor, as they have knowledge of the horse and its' behaviors. Some horses will tell you when they are 'done' working for the day - this may be the reason or something totally different.  

Lisa Lee

Questions on basic training, fire safety with all types of animals, transportation questions, Fire Code requirements for buildings (NYS), basic building construction, fire safety in barns and animal facilities.

Over 20 years experience in the horse industry, from working on farms to owning and breeding my own horses. Have been involved with Code Enforcement and NFPA Standard development for the past 7 years. I am also involved in the Fire Service, both volunter and professionally, for a total of 20+ years.

Past - NFPA, current, Easy Street Horse Rescue (Board of Directors)

Multiple National Certifications in the Fire Service, including Fire Service Instructor, Fire Investigator Level 1, Hazardous Materials Technician; and I am curently close to the completion of my AS in Fire Science Technology. Over 20 years experience working with horses both personally and professionally, currently owner of 2 Paso Fino horses.