Horses/tips on doing sitting trot

hello. may i know how to do sitting trot on a horse? should i grip my knees in the saddle? please answer in detail.

When sitting a trot, you want to use your legs for balance more than for grip. Remember if you grip the horse, you are telling it to go faster.  You can use them for some grip, but you need to practice this, and you use your feet to take some of the weight off and for balance while trotting.  Use your legs as shock absorbers, to help keep you from bouncing too much.  

Lisa Lee

Questions on basic training, fire safety with all types of animals, transportation questions, Fire Code requirements for buildings (NYS), basic building construction, fire safety in barns and animal facilities.

Over 20 years experience in the horse industry, from working on farms to owning and breeding my own horses. Have been involved with Code Enforcement and NFPA Standard development for the past 7 years. I am also involved in the Fire Service, both volunter and professionally, for a total of 20+ years.

Past - NFPA, current, Easy Street Horse Rescue (Board of Directors)

Multiple National Certifications in the Fire Service, including Fire Service Instructor, Fire Investigator Level 1, Hazardous Materials Technician; and I am curently close to the completion of my AS in Fire Science Technology. Over 20 years experience working with horses both personally and professionally, currently owner of 2 Paso Fino horses.