Horses/turning out my horse in a week

Question
hello, how many times a week should i turn out my horse irrespective of breed, gender, age, discipline?

Answer
A horse is a herd creature, so in a perfect situation it would be turned out 24 hours a day/7 days a week.  For individual situations, that depends on many factors, such as the amount of turn out available, what other horses it may need to go out with (or be kept from), what kind of food is in the turnout - if you have a horse that is not used to grass, for example, you should not turn it out on grassy pasture without letting it get used to the grass first - if it were to eat too much it could actually make the horse very sick.  

Horses

Lisa Lee