Horses/good bit mouthpiece material

Question
hello. which bit mouthpiece material good for racehorses? i mean, sweet iron, stainless steel, copper alloy or aluminum.

Answer
Dear Rohit,
The type of metal (or synthetic material) used for the mouthpiece of the bit is very much dependent upon the individual horse's preference. Some metals are used to encourage salivation, some horses simply prefer one type of material over another. I am afraid racing is not my area of expertise - so if there is anything specifically connected to racing that hinges on the type of material used for the mouthpiece- you might want to contact a trainer who works with Thoroughbred.
Best Wishes,
S. Evans

Horses

Shelley Evans