Horses/remedy for tendinitis

Question
hello. may i know the best remedy for horses suffering from tendinitis?s

Answer
Dear Rohit:
Tendonitis is the inflammation of the tendon or the the tendon sheath. The remedy depends on what has caused the tendon to become inflamed in the first place.Tendons connect muscles to bone- unlike ligaments which connect bone to bone or bone to cartilage.
Tendonitis is usually caused by repeated strain- so the most obvious treatment is rest- sometimes stall rest, limited hand walking/restricted turnout- no riding. It may also mean no return to the type of activity that caused the injury- depending on what happened. Tendon injuries can be career ending if not treated correctly- so veterinary care is a must.
Best wishes,
S. Evans

Horses

Shelley Evans