Horses/buddy partner for cantering

hello. i requested my instructor to teach me canter when i was trotting a horse in the morning at our local riding school. he told me to wait for another rider so that we both can canter. my question is, don't horses canter all alone with the rider? do they require a buddy partner for cantering? the horse what i was trotting was a mare. very quick tempered. she wont a second rider mount on her once the rider dismounts.

You need to listen to your instructor and follow their instructions. s I do not know the horses and the area you are riding in, and your instructor does, you should be asking htem this question, and many of hte other ones you ahve asked me. I do not want to be rude, but I am starting to feel like you are questioning what your instructor is trying to teach you and looking for answers elsewhere.  The instructor is the best person to ask, as they are right there, know the horses and can probably explain things quote well if they are a good instructor.  

Lisa Lee

Questions on basic training, fire safety with all types of animals, transportation questions, Fire Code requirements for buildings (NYS), basic building construction, fire safety in barns and animal facilities.

Over 20 years experience in the horse industry, from working on farms to owning and breeding my own horses. Have been involved with Code Enforcement and NFPA Standard development for the past 7 years. I am also involved in the Fire Service, both volunter and professionally, for a total of 20+ years.

Past - NFPA, current, Easy Street Horse Rescue (Board of Directors)

Multiple National Certifications in the Fire Service, including Fire Service Instructor, Fire Investigator Level 1, Hazardous Materials Technician; and I am curently close to the completion of my AS in Fire Science Technology. Over 20 years experience working with horses both personally and professionally, currently owner of 2 Paso Fino horses.