Horses/posting technique as per horse speed

Question
hello. i believe that riders must post high if their stead is trotting slowly and must post shortly when their stead is trotting fast. am i correct? i got it through experience. if i am wrong, please correct me.

Answer
The height of hte post should not really change with the speed of hte horse. What tends to happen is as the horse increases speed, the rider rises more quickly which then translates into a higher post, especially if they are not as experienced and still learning. When you post, in general you should only rise off the saddle a small amount, using the motion of the horse to help rise.  Here is a video link to an example and description of posting - it is not my video, just one I found on youtube... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gnKYEK1EMM  

Horses

Lisa Lee