Horses/posting technique as per horse speed

hello. i believe that riders must post high if their stead is trotting slowly and must post shortly when their stead is trotting fast. am i correct? i got it through experience. if i am wrong, please correct me.

The height of hte post should not really change with the speed of hte horse. What tends to happen is as the horse increases speed, the rider rises more quickly which then translates into a higher post, especially if they are not as experienced and still learning. When you post, in general you should only rise off the saddle a small amount, using the motion of the horse to help rise.  Here is a video link to an example and description of posting - it is not my video, just one I found on youtube...  

Lisa Lee

Questions on basic training, fire safety with all types of animals, transportation questions, Fire Code requirements for buildings (NYS), basic building construction, fire safety in barns and animal facilities.

Over 20 years experience in the horse industry, from working on farms to owning and breeding my own horses. Have been involved with Code Enforcement and NFPA Standard development for the past 7 years. I am also involved in the Fire Service, both volunter and professionally, for a total of 20+ years.

Past - NFPA, current, Easy Street Horse Rescue (Board of Directors)

Multiple National Certifications in the Fire Service, including Fire Service Instructor, Fire Investigator Level 1, Hazardous Materials Technician; and I am curently close to the completion of my AS in Fire Science Technology. Over 20 years experience working with horses both personally and professionally, currently owner of 2 Paso Fino horses.