Horses/rearing up a horse

hello. in general, may i know what are the advantages of rearing up a horse?

In one word, NONE.  A horse that rears can be very dangerous, especially if being ridden by someone who is inexperienced.  Horses tend to rear when they do not have any other avenue of 'escape' - usually because the rider is putting too much pressure on the horse and holding it back. It will get to a point where it can't do anything but go up...and oftentimes over...which can be deadly to both horse and rider.  

Lisa Lee

Questions on basic training, fire safety with all types of animals, transportation questions, Fire Code requirements for buildings (NYS), basic building construction, fire safety in barns and animal facilities.

Over 20 years experience in the horse industry, from working on farms to owning and breeding my own horses. Have been involved with Code Enforcement and NFPA Standard development for the past 7 years. I am also involved in the Fire Service, both volunter and professionally, for a total of 20+ years.

Past - NFPA, current, Easy Street Horse Rescue (Board of Directors)

Multiple National Certifications in the Fire Service, including Fire Service Instructor, Fire Investigator Level 1, Hazardous Materials Technician; and I am curently close to the completion of my AS in Fire Science Technology. Over 20 years experience working with horses both personally and professionally, currently owner of 2 Paso Fino horses.