Horses/horse coming into the centre of the groundf

hello Dorothy. today, I trotted a Marwari mare in counter clockwise direction. all of a sudden she into the centre of the ground where riders line up their steads. what does it mean? does she wants to change the direction or wanna line up?

Hello Rohit,

It means simply that you are not in control of your steed.  She is in control.  That is not a good thing to have.  You are a passenger not a rider. A rider is in charge, tells the horse where to go and takes it there. You must take many many more riding lessons so that you can master your steed.  Obviously this mare knows that her rider cannot ride and she just wants to stop and have you get off.  Better she stop in the centre rather than buck you off.  

Are you hurting her mouth with rough hands that are holding on to the reins????

Dorothy K Morris

I now live in Tucson, AZ. My expertise is in training and rehabilitating horses, and training riders for combined training for over 40 years, in Virginia and California. This includes dressage, cross country obstacles and show jumping. In my many years of experience and endless study of Classical theory, and my hands-on retraining horses,I have accummulated much knowledge of the different personalities of horses and how to approach their rehabilitation. At my age, I do not ride as much as I used to, but I don't see why I have to waste the experience I have. I can answer certain questions about starting young horses in English riding: dressage, jumping, cross country obstacles and basic equitation. I can help with rehabilitation of spoiled or difficult horses; however, many problems require sustained riding instruction/training and I cannot do this online. Some issues need to be observed to come to a correct diagnosis. If your problem is of this type, please find a qualified instructor/trainer. I cannot give riding lessons via email.

Experience in the area: Over 40 years of English riding experience, including Fox Hunting in Virginia where I earned my colors with the Blue Ridge Hunt, training young horses for hunting and/or eventing. Coached a rider from her beginning at Training Level Combined tests through her competition at two Junior International competition Three Day Events. She rode my horse that I also started and trained her to ride. This combination competed in the World Championship Three Day in Lexington, KY in 1978. I trained another horse (TB) through 3rd Level Dressage and jumping. He eventually competed at Advanced level Three Day. I have reschooled several horses with difficulties ranging from running away to running backward, to not allowing a bridle to be put on, to kicking out at the farrier, being "too much on the muscle over jumps", barn sour, etc

National Society Daughters of the Revolution (DAR)

Six novels (I am also a novelist)

Some college. Endless study of Classical Theory and training methods.

Who's Who of American Women, Who'w Who in America, Past Board of Directors FDIC-NACM