Horses/sitting on the pommel

Question
hello Dorothy. I have been riding horses since a week. my instructor shouting at me saying that my body is shifting onto the pommel of the saddle rather than being on the seat. i am getting drawn back automatically. can you please help me out with this?

Answer
Hello Rohit,

If you are being "being drawn back automatically", you have to develop you body and muscle control to the point that you can "deliberately" counter that force. You must control your body against any momentum or movement of the horse, because it is you body and the aids it gives that communicates to the horse what to do and how to do it.

You need to sit in your saddle on a longe line WITH NO STIRRUPS and trot circles until you find your "seat"

It is my guess that you are pushing off with your feet against the stirrups and that is the automatic force that is pushing you out of your seat.

Ask you trainer to put you on the longe line with no stirrups and see if that helps. I think it will.

Happy riding,
Dorothy

Horses

Dorothy K Morris