Horses/old saddle - best saddle

Question
old saddle
old saddle  
hello Lyn. today I trotted a mare which has choppy stride wearing an old English saddle. I found it difficult posting on her. this saddle was slipping. but, my instructor told me that this is the best saddle. I have attached the image of it. please take a look. may I know in what way this is the best saddle?

Answer
Rohit,

I can't really say.  You didn't say how the saddle was slipping. Side to side or back or forwards. Saddle looks to be in pretty rough shape.  Can't tell from the pic what shape the tree is in.  And have no idea how it fits the horse. If it doesn't fit the horse it will slip.  i am sorry but I really can't tell you why your instructor feels this is the best saddle to use.

Horses

Lyn Kamer, C.E.S.M.T.