Horses/old saddle - best saddle

old saddle
old saddle  
hello Lyn. today I trotted a mare which has choppy stride wearing an old English saddle. I found it difficult posting on her. this saddle was slipping. but, my instructor told me that this is the best saddle. I have attached the image of it. please take a look. may I know in what way this is the best saddle?

I can't really say.  You didn't say how the saddle was slipping. Side to side or back or forwards. Saddle looks to be in pretty rough shape.  Can't tell from the pic what shape the tree is in.  And have no idea how it fits the horse. If it doesn't fit the horse it will slip.  i am sorry but I really can't tell you why your instructor feels this is the best saddle to use.

Lyn Kamer, C.E.S.M.T.

Training, alternative therapies, saddle fitting problems, behavioral problems, endurance riding, driving, Mustangs

Horseman of over 50 yrs., certified equine massage therapist, trainer both riding and driving, long distance trail riding and driving. Both endurance and competitive trail riding and driving.

American Endurance Ride Assn., Eastern Competitive Trail Ride Assn., New Jersey Trail Ride Assn., Aromatherapists International, American Mustang and Burro Assn., United States Trotting Assn., Standardbred Pleasure Horse Org., US Wild Horse and Burro Association

Trail Blazer magazine, AERC Newsletter, Hoofbeats magazine

Certified Equine Sports Massage Therapist, Least Resistance Trainer, Certified Aromatherapist