Horses/trotting without leg aids

Question
hello Shelley. is it possible to make a horse trot using our voice not by leg aids?

Answer
Hello again, Rohit,
Yes, you can ask a horse to execute all gaits using  only voice. This is easily demonstrated when a handler is lunging a horse on the ground. Yet, those same voice aids can work while mounted. More to the point- when you think of paralympic equestrians who have lost the use of their legs- they become dependent on voice, weight-shift of seat and use of the crop. Be wary though, for able-bodied riders, there are some competitions in which you can be eliminated for use of your voice. Nice to hear from you again.
Shelley Evans

Horses

Shelley Evans