Horses/gentling horses - good paying

Hi Lisa. Sam here. I browsed in youtube about Mr.Monty Roberts training green horses. is it a good demanding profession? do i get paid well? would you suggest me to take up?

Training horses can be a very demanding job, and generally is not high paying unless you already have the talent and resources to market also takes years of hard work to learn enough to be very good at the job, and can be a dangerous job too, especially when starting out and learning.  The best thing to do is to find someone to work for and see if you like it and have the talent to go further.  

Lisa Lee

Questions on basic training, fire safety with all types of animals, transportation questions, Fire Code requirements for buildings (NYS), basic building construction, fire safety in barns and animal facilities.

Over 20 years experience in the horse industry, from working on farms to owning and breeding my own horses. Have been involved with Code Enforcement and NFPA Standard development for the past 7 years. I am also involved in the Fire Service, both volunter and professionally, for a total of 20+ years.

Past - NFPA, current, Easy Street Horse Rescue (Board of Directors)

Multiple National Certifications in the Fire Service, including Fire Service Instructor, Fire Investigator Level 1, Hazardous Materials Technician; and I am curently close to the completion of my AS in Fire Science Technology. Over 20 years experience working with horses both personally and professionally, currently owner of 2 Paso Fino horses.