Horses/lunge lines made out of cotton

lunge line cotton
lunge line cotton  

lead rope
lead rope  
Hi Lisa. Sam here. So sorry for posting too many questions. This is the last question for today. I Would like to know why lunge lines are specially manufactured with cotton for lunging horses. Are lead ropes not suitable for lunging?

Lunge lines are longer than a regular lead line.  They can be made from different materials, from cotton to nylon to leather- a lot depends on what region you are in and what is commonly available and used.  A benefit of cotton is that if it is pulled through your hand quickly, it is not as likely to cause rope burn.  

Lisa Lee

Questions on basic training, fire safety with all types of animals, transportation questions, Fire Code requirements for buildings (NYS), basic building construction, fire safety in barns and animal facilities.

Over 20 years experience in the horse industry, from working on farms to owning and breeding my own horses. Have been involved with Code Enforcement and NFPA Standard development for the past 7 years. I am also involved in the Fire Service, both volunter and professionally, for a total of 20+ years.

Past - NFPA, current, Easy Street Horse Rescue (Board of Directors)

Multiple National Certifications in the Fire Service, including Fire Service Instructor, Fire Investigator Level 1, Hazardous Materials Technician; and I am curently close to the completion of my AS in Fire Science Technology. Over 20 years experience working with horses both personally and professionally, currently owner of 2 Paso Fino horses.