Horses/lunge lines made out of cotton

Question
lunge line cotton
lunge line cotton  

lead rope
lead rope  
Hi Lisa. Sam here. So sorry for posting too many questions. This is the last question for today. I Would like to know why lunge lines are specially manufactured with cotton for lunging horses. Are lead ropes not suitable for lunging?

Answer
Lunge lines are longer than a regular lead line.  They can be made from different materials, from cotton to nylon to leather- a lot depends on what region you are in and what is commonly available and used.  A benefit of cotton is that if it is pulled through your hand quickly, it is not as likely to cause rope burn.  

Horses

Lisa Lee