Horses/white foam in nostril

foam white
foam white  
hello Lyn. are you able to figure out white foam in the left nostril of the horse right below the shadow roll? what can it be?

If coming from only 1 nostril and not yellowish or foul smelling I sort of suspect a mild allergic reaction.  Could be something the horse inhaled with the hay that irritated the lining of the nasal cavity.  Horse's can't blow their noses into tissues like we can so if they snort something out or experience a bit of sinus drainage unless you wipe it for them (I do regularly) you will see this.  Unless it lasts for a long time, I wouldn't worry much about it.  

Lyn Kamer, C.E.S.M.T.

Training, alternative therapies, saddle fitting problems, behavioral problems, endurance riding, driving, Mustangs

Horseman of over 50 yrs., certified equine massage therapist, trainer both riding and driving, long distance trail riding and driving. Both endurance and competitive trail riding and driving.

American Endurance Ride Assn., Eastern Competitive Trail Ride Assn., New Jersey Trail Ride Assn., Aromatherapists International, American Mustang and Burro Assn., United States Trotting Assn., Standardbred Pleasure Horse Org., US Wild Horse and Burro Association

Trail Blazer magazine, AERC Newsletter, Hoofbeats magazine

Certified Equine Sports Massage Therapist, Least Resistance Trainer, Certified Aromatherapist