Horses/at a loss!!

Question
recent competition prior to stud
recent competition pri  
Good day
I am at a complete loss and am after an little advice please.
I live in England I am a very experienced rider both normal English and side saddle competing all over the country and I have rode for the queen !! sounds grand but I turned into a nervous wreck !!!
My top horse for 9 years recently went to stud she was covered and AI but nothing has worked it was last chance saloon she is 17 but hey it was not ment to be she is my superstar and I love her. So she has come back home from the stud, I have had her back checked prior to riding and started lunging daily taking it slowly!!! 4 WEEKS LATER I am at a total loss with her i decided to try and ride her to which she is awful throwing her head tossing me forward and back in the saddle she looks agitated by me just being there either riding or lunging !!!! Can my horse be completely lost !!!!!!!!!!
Any advice would be appreciated
G Hulme

Answer
Hello Georgina,

I am not a veterinarian, but I would guess that something happened to your mare's back or while she was at the stud farm.  Could be a vertebrate out of alighnment or something similar.  The stallion's hoofs might have hit her somewhere...or God knows whatall may have happened to her.  I definitely think it is in her spine...or a set of muscles along the spine. You have to discover what is causing the pain.

I would have a vet/equine masseuse come to check her out. They work wonders with spine misallignments.

I hope you get this worked out. She is a lovely mare.

Sincerely,

Dorothy

Horses

Dorothy K Morris