Horses/figuring out sprained shoulder in horses

Question
QUESTION: hello Anne. can you please answer this question since i am unable to get an answer from anyone working in my stable.

Question : how to get to know that my horse is suffering from shoulder lameness(sprained shoulder) when he's made to walk or trot? can you give me a simple and easy way to figure out a sprained shoulder horse?

ANSWER: Roberts,
  Shoulder lameness is pretty rare. IF it is indeed in the shoulder you will probably see some heat, notice the head being lifted and the limb swung outward when the horse is asked to move forward, and get a pain response when pressure is applied to the point of the shoulder.
  I'd suggest looking further down the leg, starting with the hoof and shoeing. If the problem continues, it would probably be a good idea to have the horse blocked.
Anne Stepien

QUESTION: thanks for the answer. wish u happy new year. a follow up question.

Question: may i know which conformation horses are more prone to shoulder lameness? which type of shoeing should a lame shoulder horse need?

Answer
Roberts,
  Shoulder lameness is pretty rare. Horses that are not properly cared for or who have poor conformation may be more likely to sore up in the shoulder area. Since breed standards are different as far as conformation, there really isn't a right or wrong answer for this question.
Sorry.
Anne Stepien

Horses

Anne Stepien