Horses/holding whip with which hand in right circle

Question
Hi ma'am. How are you? I have a simple question for you regarding English horseback riding. Hope you can answer it.

Question : While trotting or cantering a horse clockwise direction (right circle) in English style, should i hold the whip with my right hand or the left?

Answer
It really depends on the circumstances. In a dressage test, the whip should be changed to the outside hand. However- one must consider the reason the whip is being carried on a specific horse. Is the horse collapsing the circle to the inside and not respecting the rider's inside leg, then clearly, the whip aid should be carried to the inside. Is the whip for moving the hip? Then in which direction? Is the whip for impulsion? Why the whip is there is usually more important than what "looks good."
Regards.
S. Evans

Horses

Shelley Evans