Horses/thoroughbred racing in CANADA

Question
Hi ma'am. I have a simple question for you. Hope this is within your expertise.

Question : I have a plan to train thoroughbred racehorses in CANADA. Since I am an INDIAN, do I have that chance? Can I become a trainer there?

Answer
The best place to contact regarding how to become employable in Canada would be to contact the Canadian Embassy in India (or even a REALLY reputable travel agent- though I would certainly checkout any information with the Canadian Embassy) to find out what kind of Visas and permits would be required. I would suggest that you would have to have an extensive resumé of horses that you have trained and races won etc. as it is a highly competitive industry. You would also have to be completely up to date on racing rules, regulations and protocols in North America. Usually one works his way up to being a trainer in the industry. Unless you are very well established in your profession in India, I would expect that you would be looking at a long apprenticeship.
S. Evans

Horses

Shelley Evans