Horses/horse relationship with humans

Horses evolved as prey animals. How does this affect the character of working horses and their relationship with humans

IT IS NOT A HOMEWORK QUESTION I AM NOT IN SCHOOL OR COLLEGE OR UNI IT is a general question i would like to know

Hello Annie,

All horses, not just working horses, will react the same in the face of danger or pain or discomfort. The will flee if they can and if they cannot flee they will fight. It is up to you to recognize when they are trying to flee or to fight and what is causing their pain or fear or discomfort.  The character of a horse never changes. His attitude will change, but not his character.

It is the uninformed human who will inflict the most pain and discomfort on a horse. Ill fitting saddles and bits and bridles. Heavy, rough hands. And so many more. There are many books about this subject, which is much too involved to go into detail here. I think this answers your basic question.

Dorothy K Morris

I now live in Tucson, AZ. My expertise is in training and rehabilitating horses, and training riders for combined training for over 40 years, in Virginia and California. This includes dressage, cross country obstacles and show jumping. In my many years of experience and endless study of Classical theory, and my hands-on retraining horses,I have accummulated much knowledge of the different personalities of horses and how to approach their rehabilitation. At my age, I do not ride as much as I used to, but I don't see why I have to waste the experience I have. I can answer certain questions about starting young horses in English riding: dressage, jumping, cross country obstacles and basic equitation. I can help with rehabilitation of spoiled or difficult horses; however, many problems require sustained riding instruction/training and I cannot do this online. Some issues need to be observed to come to a correct diagnosis. If your problem is of this type, please find a qualified instructor/trainer. I cannot give riding lessons via email.

Experience in the area: Over 40 years of English riding experience, including Fox Hunting in Virginia where I earned my colors with the Blue Ridge Hunt, training young horses for hunting and/or eventing. Coached a rider from her beginning at Training Level Combined tests through her competition at two Junior International competition Three Day Events. She rode my horse that I also started and trained her to ride. This combination competed in the World Championship Three Day in Lexington, KY in 1978. I trained another horse (TB) through 3rd Level Dressage and jumping. He eventually competed at Advanced level Three Day. I have reschooled several horses with difficulties ranging from running away to running backward, to not allowing a bridle to be put on, to kicking out at the farrier, being "too much on the muscle over jumps", barn sour, etc

National Society Daughters of the Revolution (DAR)

Six novels (I am also a novelist)

Some college. Endless study of Classical Theory and training methods.

Who's Who of American Women, Who'w Who in America, Past Board of Directors FDIC-NACM