Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training/hard fit and stronger in saddle

Question
hello ma'am, "hard fit rider" and "sits stronger in the seat" mean in horse racing term?

Answer
Rohit,

Sorry to sound simplistic, but I would imagine the "hard, fit, rider" just means that the jockey is physically fit and in good condition to ride.

It is said that jockeys are actually the strongest athletes in the world, owing to the strength involved in riding, considering the leg position and the strength of the horses.

'Sits stronger in the seat' would take the above into account but also possibly allude to a more balanced seat and position than the other riders.

Mitzi

Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training

Mitzi Summers