Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training/Horse Behavior

Question
Hi I was just wondering if there were any ways in calming down a high-strung mare and gelding thoroughbred.  They both get very antsy when i walk them past a paddock with playing horses.  Are there any tricks i can use to get them to calm down?

Answer
Hello,
Thanks for the question.  To answer your question, I will say what I always say...  there is no magic in training and no 'tricks'.  If horses are acting out, 99% of the time, it is holes in their basic training and their foundation.  You need to go back to the basics and make sure that their foundation is solid and great manners.  Then you should be able to do just about anything with them, including advanced disciplines.  there is a great deal of information and videos on my website about Phase 1 and 2 training on my website www.heidiherriott.com at no charge to you.  Take a look and start refreshing their manners or re-training.

I wish you the best of luck.
Thanks!
Heidi Herriott

Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training

Heidi Herriott