Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training/lack of muscle on left shoulder

Question
Hi melanie iv got an un broken 3 year old with intentions to start her in the spring iv noticed her right shoulder is much bigger than her left i dont lounge or side rein her we just walk in hand and long rein. is this normal and whats the best way to deal with it. best wishes jill ..

Answer
She should not be that off from side to side.  Is the area hard to the touch, have any heat, or is it that there is something going on with the bone underneath?

She really needs to be seen by a vet, as there is something going on that a vet could best deal with I think.

There could be many things wrong, but this is not normal, and if left untreated, or ignored, could end up ruining the horse for life.

Let me know what vet says, and hopefully you can find an equine vet, as an all around vet just isn't as good on things like this from my experience.

Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training

Melanie Rowley