Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training/stubborn

Question
hi, my pony will not go in front when out with other horses,she refuse to more and by the time i get home i'm tired and upset. she is a six year and is 14 hands. she is quiet and is a lovely pony.but today i was told she is no good and will be not be able to any showjumping events,rallies and pony clubbing. i need help or they right and that i should sell her.

thanking you,
teresa

Answer
Hi Teresa,

I need more information to give you an educated answer. How long have you had this pony?
Did she just start doing this? Is this the only time she is not forward from your leg?(when you are riding her with others)
How is she in a ring? How long have YOU been riding? What kind of bit do you use?
If she just started this you have to consider physical problems first.
Do not blame pony and beware of people who label your pony.

There are probably quite a few non-abusive techniques that you can use to work through this but I need to know more details.

You can do it through EXPERTS.
Also my email is Summersdressage@aol.com, but let's try it through EXPERTS first.
Write as soon as you can with more inforamtion.

A lovely , quiet pony needs more consideration before you give up on her.

Mitzi  

Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training

Mitzi Summers