Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training/pushing legs forward

Question
push legs
push legs  
hello sir, why to push my legs forward when i want to slow down my horse while going at fast pace?

Answer
It is not the "pushing" of your legs forward that slows the horse down. It is the feel of your bottom sitting down on the back of the saddle that the horse feels. I do not teach to "push" your legs forward to slow a gait or stop. I teach to simply "quit riding". If I am riding and I want the horse to slow or stop, I just tell myself..."quit riding" and I relax and sit down on the back of my pants, let the air out of my lungs and imagine that I have just stopped riding. The horse feels that and will learn to slow or stop.

Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training

Bobby Passons