Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training/Bucking horse

Question
Hi there I have a really big problem at the miniute with my 3 and half year old mare I am currently at witts ends with her the problem is when I get onto the back of her she starts bucking and bronking severly and you can't ride through it she has nearly put my best freind in hospital and now every time I get onto her she bucks me of I have started lunging her now everyday and I am ssimply scares to get onto her and if I can help it I don't want to sell her we have had a vet and farrier look at her back and they say its fine I know that nothing has happend to her in her past as I've had her since she was weand from her mother

Answer
Hi Saskia,
         It sounds as though your horse is having either a back, neck or saddle issue. The first thing I suggest you do is check the saddle fit. Make sure that the tree is not too narrow or wide. When you cinch it, pull it by each stirrup to make sure it does not move.  Have a rider sit in the saddle with his or her feet in the stirrups. Be sure that you can fit at least three fingers between the arch of the pommel and the horse's withers.

If you have a good saddle fit then the next step is to have a chiropractor check her neck and back. There are things that they are able to do that are different then a vet because of training. Please let me know what happens.

Lisa

Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training

Lisa Kalp