Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training/trotting my horse on road

hello. i am rohit from india. i have a plan of buying a thoroughbred ex racehorse next week. can i ride my horse(with steel shoes)on the road in the image i have attached? hope it doesnt hurt the animal.

You can ride on the road but do be aware that horse might could slip easier, so I would not get carried away and move fast.

But also something to keep in mind is that just like with humans, repeated heavy pounding on a hard surface, such as road is, could cause horse problems with joints and legs.  Walking, or maybe an occasional trot would be fine, but due to slipping possibility and also the wear and tear on body, keep pace at the slower ones.

If you do ride on road, keep good eye on legs, and watch for any signs of lameness.  It is a good idea to run your hands down legs before riding, to feel for heat, swelling, or that something is "off" so you will have a baseline of how your horse is, to compare to after you ride.  

Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training

Melanie Rowley

Questions relating to first time, or inexperienced horse owners. Other questions as needed. Questions on American Saddlebreds. Old fashioned training advice, riding advice for beginners, and general care questions. Behavior problems, with emphasis on thinking through aspects of problems that might not seem an issue at first.

About to turn 55. My father was a Saddlebred trainer, and I grew up around horses. I have also worked as a Master Saddlebred Show Horse Groom, working with Dale Pugh, Art Simmons, Sonny Sutton, and others. I also have worked with Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds on a mare and foal operation in Alabama. I have owned for years, and currently have two teenaged geldings. I also for many years have taught riding lessons, to adults and children, working with beginners just learning, and older adults who have lost their confidence, or wanted to get "back in the saddle." I was lucky to be around many of the best horsemen in MO, and AL and learn from them, and strive always to think through a situation and work to keep riders and horses safe. Those also include the many talented grooms, and farriers I met along the way.

Some college. General studies towards a nursing degree, which derailed due to divorce. Horse skills learned through over 50 years of watching, learning, doing and absorbing as I grew.