Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training/trotting on the road

hello. i am rohit from india. i have a plan of buying a thoroughbred ex racehorse next week. can i ride my horse(with steel shoes)on the road in the image i have attached? hope it doesnt hurt the animal.

Hi Rohit,
         Yes you can ride a horse with steel shoes on a road like that. First you should make sure that that the horse is road safe and will not spook at cars and other things. You do not say how long the horse has been off the track and if he/she has been retrained. Those are also things you should check. But, it will not be unsafe when you do.

Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training

Lisa Kalp

I am able to answer questions regarding the training and behavior of horses, and answer questions in regards to adopting mustangs and burros from the BLM and the different types of gentling methods that might be helpful to assist you in getting to know your horse.

I have experience in gentling Mustangs, training and breeding of stallions and mare behaviors.

Experience in breeding horses. Gentling and training horses.