Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training/help me

im kayla and i have a twelve yr old paint mare we bouht her two months ago she has kicked me and my dad things were going  good then she had a huge aditude change and bites my other horse .my parents have decided to get rid of her do u have any tips to change her back to the kind horse she was so i can keep her because i love her so much an we have a very special bond she protects me from anyone who trys to hurt me.:)

The horse kicks you like it does another horse, it is NOT being mean it is telling you that it thinks it is higher and you are not being strong and tough enough to show it that you are higher, if you were tougher and pushed the horse it would see you has higher and would not kick you.

You or your parents don't understand horses and that is why you got kicked, it is not he horse any horse will kick anyone that does not show they are the boss and higher, it is was they do to other horses and it is not mean is how they talk.

If you watch my videos and read my web site you will understand how horses talk. Horses are not dogs and have their own language, but when people don't understand that they blame a horse for doing what horses do.

Find the answers to these questions and you will see what I mean.

What is the difference between Prey and Predator animals?

What is herd instincts in horses?

What is pressure and release in horse horse training?

What is sacking out in horse training?

What is pecking order or herd hierarchy?

What is Opposition Reflex?

Why horses can not be happy alone?

How long do horses sleep?

What is flight or fight?

What is flight instinct?

This is just a very few questions that you, your parents and any horse owners, should know and understand but most do not.

This is not a horse problem it is a people and owner problem.  

Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training

Rick Gore Horsemanship

Visit Rick Gore's Horse Site:
--Rick is a student of the horse. I have over 450 free videos on Youtube about horses. I believe in and practice "Natural Horsemanship". I ride mainly western and don't use or promote spurs, bits, or whips. Reins are only one cue for the horse. Using the entire body helps the horse understand. I define riding as a human and horse working together for the enjoyment of both. Pain and fear should not be part of the equation. If you expect feel good advice, you will be disappointed. 95% of all my answers will include the problem is you and not your horse. About 90% of most answers that I give out are on my web site, so if you read it you will probably answer your own question and may learn a few other things. If you ask me a question that I answer on my site or video I will send your question to the question pool.

Rick is an experienced horseman with over 35 years of riding and handling horses. Rick grew up in Texas around horses and horse people. He has started colts, ridden many horses with behavior issues and worked with problem horses. (He believes that most horse problems are really people problems) He believes in and practices natural horsemanship and continues to read and study books by great horsemen. He routinely attends clinics, talks with and discuss horse issues with other clinicians and trainers. He has never met a horse that could not be fixed. Rick believes it is never the horse's fault and with proper handling, all problems can be worked out.

I have life long experience in being around and working with horses. Over the years I have watched good horsemen do the right thing and seen the wrong things done with bad results. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Education.

Click Here to learn about Horse History

Clink Here to learn about Horsemanship